START. ACHIEVE. IMPACT. LEAD.
Open to FALL 2021 Incoming First-Year & Transfer Students
WHAT IS THE SAIL PROGRAM?
The SAIL Program is an opportunity for Piedmont College to help incoming first-year students CONNECT, BUILD RELATIONSHIPS, DEVELOP LEADERSHIP SKILLS, and NAVIGATE COLLEGE more effectively.
Our SAIL program kicked off in the fall of 2018.
PERKS OF THE SAIL PROGRAM
- Be the first students to move onto campus.
- Attend a three-day retreat in Northeast Georgia.
- Have an upper-level student mentor devoted to their success throughout their first year.
- Obtain training designed to assist in achieving better academic, personal, and professional balance and success.
- Develop skills and knowledge in:
- Time Management & Organization
- Learning Styles & Personality Awareness
- Writing & Study Skills
- Self-Care & Adaptability
- Oral Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Financial Literacy
- Take the You Science aptitude and interest assessment to identify personal strengths and major/career paths.
- Additional leadership training and opportunities throughout the year.
- The opportunity to CONNECT with current students, faculty, and staff before everyone arrives on campus.
- Receive a Piedmont College welcome bag when you arrive on campus.
- Complete their 45-hour Compass: Experiential Learning requirement by the end of their first year.
- The SAIL Program is completely FREE to participants.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION & INVOLVEMENT
The SAIL Program will have 3 major players: Captain, Navigators, and Voyagers
Captain: This is a faculty/staff member who oversees a Navigator and Voyager team. They will serve as a point of contact, resource and direct campus connection for all SAIL participants.
Navigator: This is an upper-level student mentor who has applied, interviewed and trained for this role. Navigators will connect, support and engage with students throughout their first year. Navigators have identified ways to be successful in college and are eager to guide Voyagers.
Voyager: This is a first-year Piedmont College student in the program. These students will focus on exploring, connecting, engaging, and succeeding during their first year of college by utilizing the resources and support created by the SAIL program. Voyagers and Navigators will go through a mutual selection process during the August retreat and will meet 1-2 times per week throughout the academic year.
WHO is Eligible for the SAIL Program?
Any incoming, transfer, or first-year Piedmont College student will either be invited or is welcome to apply.
Students must ACCEPT their invitation or APPLY to be a SAIL VOYAGER by Friday, June 25, 2021, at 5 p.m.
SELECTIONS will be announced via email by the end of June.
Follow us on Instagram (@Piedmont_SAIL)